WHO WE ARE
Cornerstone United Methodist Church was established in 1999 when the Huntington Avenue UMC voted to relocate and rebirth the church from downtown Jonesboro to our present location on 49N. We are very proud of our history and those who came before us at Huntington Avenue UMC and the vision God has for our future!
Cornerstone is Part of The United Methodist Church, a global denomination with over 11 million members, that got its start with the teachings of John Wesley. From the earliest Methodist movement, the people called Methodists were passionate about changing lives through God’s grace in study and service inside and outside of the church. That same passion lives in Cornerstone today!
We desire to be a church where all people can worship, serve, and share God’s grace.
We serve as a cornerstone of Christ in our community and beyond as instruments of God’s grace in faithful worship, in service, and in bringing others to Christ.”
Our Core Values
- All People Matter to God
- People are created to be in relationship with God and one another
- Power for living comes through prayer, worship, and service.
- We hold to John Wesley’s General Rules: Do no harm. Do good. Attend upon the ordinances of God.
- The Bible directs and guides us on how to live fully.
- God gives each person special gifts to serve in the world.
- Real Christian living is always growing.